Thursday, November 5, 2009

Three Things

1. It was brought to my attention that the comment link for this blog was broken. I fixed it. So, if you wanna, you know, comment on something... that would be cool...

2. I won a contest! A very cool contest. Malcolm Fontier designs really well-made bags, wallets, toiletry cases, etc. I have taken a look through their studio back in Atlanta, and they donated a wallet to our silent auction when Jesse and I were fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. They hold a "Going and Need Gear" contest on facebook, where for every 100 fans added, they give away gear to someone going on a trip. I wrote a short explanation of what I was doing back in June, and a few weeks ago they hit the 200 fan mark and chose me as their second winner! I got a messenger bag, wallet and toiletry case of my choice (Director, Mojito, Bahia). I was absolutely thrilled and have been taking photos of my spoils in Thailand already. (You'll see those at some point.) I have to say... if you're in the market for some really nice accessories, do check them out. I can also assure you that the people running the company are worthwhile people to do business with.

3. Harpswell photos are up! You can take a closer look at all the women who inspired me and motivated me to do my best every day for the last two months. Because I just can't bear to put a post up without a photo, here you go. These three ladies were my roommates for the large majority of my time at the dorm. You can click on the link to the bottom-right of this photo to access the album.
From Harpswell


p.s. Iffy, you'll note that this post includes a photo of my face. See, I respond to your comments, people.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. You made me happy.

Melissa said...

I LOVE the photograph at the top of your blog. Did you take it? Where was it?

Melissa Dickens
(Friend of your Aunt Jenny)

Anna V said...

Thanks, Melissa. How nice that Jenny is sharing my blog with folks-- makes me feel like a star. :) I did take that photograph. It is from Utila, a small island off the coast of Honduras. I actually learned how to dive there, and I am going on a long dive trip in Thailand starting tomorrow. Thanks for reading!