Thursday, November 5, 2009

Three Things

1. It was brought to my attention that the comment link for this blog was broken. I fixed it. So, if you wanna, you know, comment on something... that would be cool...

2. I won a contest! A very cool contest. Malcolm Fontier designs really well-made bags, wallets, toiletry cases, etc. I have taken a look through their studio back in Atlanta, and they donated a wallet to our silent auction when Jesse and I were fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. They hold a "Going and Need Gear" contest on facebook, where for every 100 fans added, they give away gear to someone going on a trip. I wrote a short explanation of what I was doing back in June, and a few weeks ago they hit the 200 fan mark and chose me as their second winner! I got a messenger bag, wallet and toiletry case of my choice (Director, Mojito, Bahia). I was absolutely thrilled and have been taking photos of my spoils in Thailand already. (You'll see those at some point.) I have to say... if you're in the market for some really nice accessories, do check them out. I can also assure you that the people running the company are worthwhile people to do business with.

3. Harpswell photos are up! You can take a closer look at all the women who inspired me and motivated me to do my best every day for the last two months. Because I just can't bear to put a post up without a photo, here you go. These three ladies were my roommates for the large majority of my time at the dorm. You can click on the link to the bottom-right of this photo to access the album.
From Harpswell


p.s. Iffy, you'll note that this post includes a photo of my face. See, I respond to your comments, people.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. You made me happy.

Melissa said...

I LOVE the photograph at the top of your blog. Did you take it? Where was it?

Melissa Dickens
(Friend of your Aunt Jenny)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Melissa. How nice that Jenny is sharing my blog with folks-- makes me feel like a star. :) I did take that photograph. It is from Utila, a small island off the coast of Honduras. I actually learned how to dive there, and I am going on a long dive trip in Thailand starting tomorrow. Thanks for reading!