Monday, December 21, 2009

No, I'm not dead yet. I'm actually back in America, driving (driving a car...) to Publix every other day and preparing for our big family Christmas at my grandparents' house. It's crazy. I can't believe it either. Thankfully, my family is awesome and actually interested in what I've been up to this year. In fact, I'm pretty confident that 90% of you readers are related to me.

Anyway, in the midst of the madness, here's notice that my photos of Angkor Wat are up.

From Angkor Wat



With my limited skill set, I'd need a real-real-wide-angle lens to even attempt to show you one of these temples. And I visited twelve of them. It's clichéd-but-true that very often, it's the little moments that capture your attention. One unfortunate character in a cast of millions:

From Angkor Wat


Or walking alone down enormous corridors, and suddenly seeing a guard in his own quiet moment:

From Angkor Wat


(And by moment, I mean day.) I had no problem finding little things to educate and captivate me, all day long for three days. I have to be honest with you though, and admit that this album is basically 92 photos of rocks. But they were really, really well-made, astonishing rocks. So there you go.

There's still about six weeks of traveling I've yet to review. JAMP and The Flying Carpet coming soon. I'm feeling fat and cranky in Florida, but I'm so very pleased to be spending Christmas with people I love. I hope that whatever your December plans, wherever you are, that you're able spend time with people you care about. In the end, life's not worth much without them.

1 comment:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I read your blog, and I am not your family:)I love reading about your adventures!! -Erin Jolly